Today I saw Up. I loved it. I did not cry, but came close at one point.
I do love the Disney Pixar movies. To date there are 10 movies released in this order:
Toy Story -1995
A Bug's Life - 1998
Toy Story 2 - 1999
Monster Inc. - 2001
Finding Nemo - 2003
The Incredibles - 2004
Cars - 2006
Ratatouille - 2007
Wall*E - 2008
Up - 2009
Now I've reordered them in my order of preference.
10) A Bug's Life
9) The Incredibles
8) Cars
7) Toy story
6) Up
5) Wall*E
4) Ratatouille
3) Monster’s Inc
2) Toy Story 2
1) Finding Nemo
Comment with the list in your order
PS I think the short beforeUp, Partly Cloudy, is my favorite Pixar short yet...although Presto is a close second. It was soo great!



The Disney Pixar Films are so awesome. It is so hard to rank them cause they are all so good. I don't dislike any of them but if I had to rank them I think this would be the ranking for me. Here is my list:
ReplyDelete10. A Bugs Life
9. The Incredibles
8. Toy Story
7. Ratatouille
6. UP
5. Wall*E
4. Monster's Inc
3. Cars
2. Toy Story 2
1. Finding Nemo
10. Cars - Beautiful and colorful, but the least original or inspired of the Pixar lot.
ReplyDelete9. Ratatouille - I couldn't empathize with a cartoon rat in a kitchen when my own kitchen was experiencing a mouse infestation. Maybe I'll grow to appreciate it.
8. A Bug's Life - If only the film were as fun as its 3-D counterpart at Animal Kingdom.
7. Toy Story 2 - Jessie's song is heart-wrenching. It's a worthy sequel.
6. Finding Nemo - This is where the ranking gets difficult. If the first four films on this list were graded from C to A-, the remaining six would be graded from A to A+.
5. The Incredibles - Its message, that you shouldn't hide what makes you super (or fabulous), resonates beyond the fun action pastiche.
4. Toy Story - "The Claw." Sid's mutant toys. Don Rickles as Mr. Potato Head. Wonderfully inspired from beginning to end.
3. Wall*E - A mirror held up to the best and worst of human nature packaged as a post-apocalyptic, robotic Charlie Chaplin film. Dazzling. Brilliant.
2. Monsters, Inc. - It's not as much about the film itself as the circumstances surrounding the first viewing. Though the film is visually stunning, original, and immensely entertaining. Back off, haters.
1. Up - We have a new winner. It's been far too long since a single movie was able to evoke so many different emotions. Perhaps it'll settle down a few spots after the shock and awe of initial viewing have worn off, but once again Pixar has taken me somewhere I never expected to enjoy so much.